In 2009, the Irish retail industry came together to establish a new entity called Responsible Retailing of Alcohol in Ireland Ltd. (RRAI), under an independent Chairperson, Mr. Padraic White. The main objectives of the body are to:
- Implement the RRAI Voluntary Code of Practice on the Display and Sale of Alcohol Products in Mixed Trading Premises.
- Communicate the Code to all relevant stakeholders.
- Support participating retailers to the Code with relevant information and training products.
- Measure compliance with the Code by means of an independent retail audit.
- Establish a credible and effective customer complaint procedure regarding the Code.
The Chairperson of the RRAI presents an independent report on the industry's compliance with the Code to the Minister for Justice and Equality on an annual basis.
For more information, please visit the RRAI's website here.