So, at the core of Ibec’s campaign is a call to stand up for Ireland’s indigenous business base and grow it while simultaneously strengthening our non-tax offering to foreign direct investment companies and being really ambitious on investment in education, innovation and infrastructure.
Business believes this can be done, but demands bravery on the part of Government. It also requires focus on 5 BIG things:
1. Nurturing indigenous business
2. Reinventing our offering to multinational firms
3. Addressing the demands of a rapidly changing labour market as globalisation, digitalisation and changing lifestyles transform jobs and careers
4. Attracting and retaining the best talent by improving quality of life:
5. Deal or no deal, we must get ready for Brexit
We can’t campaign alone at Ibec, we need business to get behind our messages and be the voice in the build-up to Budget day on October 8. To understand our 5 priorities, read our full Budget 2020 report or listen to our special podcast.